Because details matter… we will manage the details of each project so that change orders are minimized, contracts are properly fulfilled in a timely manner, safety is assured, and your agencies interests and bottom line are protected. We do this by abiding by the following Project Management Principles and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) Process.
Project Management Principles
Frequent Communication/Vigorous Support to Staff
- We will make a priority of communicating frequently with your staff while providing engineering consulting services throughout the course of the project.
- We emphasize regular/ scheduled meetings with staff to ensure project progresses in a systematic manner without surprises.
- Our project team members are available to meet at the client’s office or at the project site (even with short notice).
- Our senior staff members who are responsible for specific projects (principal engineers and project managers) will be available to the client throughout the duration of the project, will attend scheduled meetings at your offices, and will confer with your project manager at least weekly to keep him or her apprised of project progress.
- We are committed to responding in a timely manner to all voicemails and emails from clients.
- We recognize the need to support client staff in fulfilling their responsibilities, and therefore prepare and deliver complete materials in a timely manner as requested.
Detailed Meeting Documents
We prepare detailed meeting agendas and minutes throughout the course of the project with emphasis on:
- Discussion items
- Action items
- Follow-up to action items
Comprehensive Project Oversight/ Coordination
- We organize each scope of services to include oversight and coordination of all project components in order to ensure project moves forward in a systematic, logical fashion.
- We maintain close coordination with sub-consultants
- We emphasize early and thorough communication with regulatory agencies.
Hands-On Participation by Principals and Project Managers
- Review all aspects of engineering in detail.
- Attend progress meetings.
- Review reports and documents in detail with client’s staff.
- Our consulting services tasks are set forth in a logical and systematic manner to allow services to proceed efficiently.
- We confer with all regulatory agencies which have jurisdiction over the specific project during the preliminary stages of document preparation.
- As soon as preliminary design and environmental documents are available, we submit the appropriate permit applications to permitting agencies to ensure that the required permits are obtained prior to the construction start date. We generally prepare the various permit applications and have them signed by the appropriate client representative.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) Process
Our (QA/QC) Process consists of two components, Peer Review and Document Control.
- Each of the documents that we prepare on our clients’ behalf is the subject of an intensive internal peer review by staff members with related expertise and experience.
- Each component is reviewed periodically as it is developed, and scheduled reviews occur prior to submittal of the preliminary and final versions of the documents.
- To ensure reliable and immediate access to documents and information, we have devised a comprehensive document control system through which our staff can access any required information regarding a specific project, regardless of the type of media (e.g. paper, digital, mylar, blueprint, photograph) or software program. Our document control system has been in place for over 39 years and has proven to be highly dependable.
- We assign specific tracking numbers to each specific project and project element to ensure that we can access records on demand and provide comprehensive and well organized files (paper and digital) to your staff upon request.