Krieger & Stewart was founded in 1971 by Robert A. Krieger and Julian D. Stewart. Since its founding, the firm has provided civil and environmental engineering consulting services to numerous public agency clients throughout California, including cities, counties, redevelopment agencies, water and wastewater agencies, community services districts, parks and recreation districts, airport districts, and school districts. As a result of a corporate decision made by Krieger & Stewart’s founders, we have concentrated throughout the firm’s history on providing engineering services to public agencies rather than private developers, thus enabling us to avoid potential conflicts of interest in serving our public agency clients.
Krieger & Stewart currently employs approximately 50 people, including 15 registered civil engineers, 4 licensed land surveyors, 2 environmental specialists, 8 construction inspectors, and a supporting staff of graduate engineers (civil and mechanical), designers, drafters, secretaries, and surveyors. Our principal and senior engineers are not just managers, but are always directly involved in the details of each of the projects they oversee to ensure that the firm’s Clients are provided with the benefit of their experience and expertise. The firm’s principals include:
- Robert A. Krieger, P.E., Chairman of the Board
- Charles A. Krieger, P.E., President
- Philip E. Strom, P.E., Vice President/Corporate Secretary
- Patrick M. Watson, P.E., Vice President/Chief Financial Officer
We have extensive experience in providing engineering services for public works projects. In providing these services, we emphasize the use of experienced staff and appropriate equipment, and pay close attention to details throughout the environmental review, planning, permitting, design, and construction phases of project implementation.
Krieger & Stewart’s experience includes providing engineering services related to the following:
- Planning, including Master Plans, Feasibility Reports, Annexations, and Reorganizations
- Environmental Documents for Compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Right-of-Way and Site Acquisition
- Water Rights
- Environmental Permit Acquisition
- Design and Construction Engineering for Water and Wastewater Conveyance, Storage, Treatment, and Pumping Facilities
- Design and Construction Engineering for Storm Drainage, Road, and Highway Improvements Rate Studies for Development of Fees and Charges
- Project Financing, including Loan Applications, Grant Applications, and formation of Assessment Districts
- Water, Wastewater, and Stormwater Quality
- Implementation of Industrial Wastewater Pretreatment Programs
- Plan Checking
We have also provided District and City engineering and/or primary consulting engineering services to numerous clients. Services provided included studies, plan checking, budget preparation, project planning, master planning, preliminary design studies, design and construction engineering for capital improvement projects, surveying, permitting liaison to regulatory agencies, financing assistance, presentations to governing boards, and general consulting.